Game Maker Games Forums
November 20, 2014, 10:59:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit the GMG chat if you feel the need for some leisurely off-topic chat with fellow GMGers.  View the Chat FAQ for more information.  If you have an IRC client installed, here's a direct link to the GMG Chat. Alternatively to downloading a client, you can use the limited forum java client.

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Rts Tutorial  (Read 1310 times)
RMM
RabbidMickeyMouse
Monster User
Wyvern

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2005, 01:47:16 AM »

I need an RTS tutorial. I simply have gone out of my mind, figuring our certain aspects of getting sprites to go to a destined spot where the player clicks, button and string application to the rooms, imagining how to construct those little radars, scrolling screens ect..

An RTS tutorial would help me tremendously, because hopefuly it would simplfy the ways of adressing the basic principles of RTSs to GML. Such things that I would never be fully able to do without help is constructing a fuctional, and more importantly, a worthy enemy AI.

People tell me "Why don't you simply look at the 'Purper' RTS, and see what you can learn off of it?". The simple awnser to that is, I have looked at it several times, and the program is simply beyond me to figure out without help of what I'm looking at.

So, does anyone know of a tutorial for RTS games? Or even more usefull, a tutorial to the 'Purper' game.
krossfire
Sphinx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 06:48:03 AM »

Actually, when I release The Army of Darkness 2 , an extended tutorial on how to make a good RTS will probably be released also, but until then (Probably July), you should check out the GMC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: